Free legal information and referral services on a confidential basis, with or without an appointment.
The Ottawa Legal Information Centre can:
- offer you a 30 minute meeting with a legal agent who can offer you legal information (i.e. explanations regarding the law or the rules of procedure of the courts);
- refer you to specialized resources in the Ottawa region who can help you;
- help you determine which legal forms are required;
- provide pamphlets, resources and information tools prepared by various legal organizations;
- offer you access to a computer to help you do your legal research;
- provide an accompaniment service to the Ottawa Courthouse by appointment.
If you wish to have a 30 minute meeting with a lawyer, you have two options. You can either come in person or request a meeting over the phone. If you choose to come in person, you can simply walk in during our hours of operation. The only time you need an appointment is Wednesday evening between 5-7 pm. If you are unable to make it in person or are outside of the Ottawa region, you can request a meeting over the phone. Please contact us in order to add your name to the call list. A lawyer will call you back within 7 business days.
Please contact our receptionist at 613-842-7462 to add your name to the call list.