Free legal information and referral services on a confidential basis, with or without an appointment.
The Ottawa Legal Information Centre can:
- offer you a 30 minute meeting with a legal agent who can offer you legal information (i.e. explanations regarding the law or the rules of procedure of the courts);
- refer you to specialized resources in the Ottawa region who can help you;
- help you determine which legal forms are required;
- provide pamphlets, resources and information tools prepared by various legal organizations;
- offer you access to a computer to help you do your legal research;
- provide an accompaniment service to the Ottawa Courthouse by appointment.
The Centre can also offer you legal information and referral services over the phone. Please contact our receptionist at 613-842-7462 to request services by telephone.
A legal agent will return your call within 7 business days of your request to offer you a meeting over the phone.